In the early 1990s, Scott Williams and Bobbi Ballas decided to take their small florist shop onto the world stage by developing an international floral delivery market. The company would be known as Petals Network. Combining their marketing, technological and florist skills, they built a real-time, online order clearinghouse for flowers, available worldwide for the sending, receiving and tracking of floral gift orders.
Since that day Petals has grown to become an award winning business.Fostered on the concept of fair trading and quality service, Petals has grown to be one of the largest relay services in New Zealand. Petals has expanded overseas, and now has a number of successful networks in New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom. Petals has built a network of over 1600 florists, and has a network of over 20000 affiliated florists worldwide.
In 2011, an affiliate of Teleflora USA, the world’s leading floral relay service announced it had purchased Petals Network. Still operating as Petals Network Pty Ltd, Teleflora USA began overseeing the operations of both the network and Petals Headquaters in Armidale, NSW, Australia. Petals and Teleflora USA share many similar interests, views and approaches toward the floral relay industry. With the support of Teleflora USA, Petals will continue to grow and provide our florists and customers with exceptional service.
During our years of operation, Petals has been the recipient of a number prestigious business awards for our record of technological innovation, quality and customer service excellence. We view this as independent verification of the quality of our service Petals offers its customers and florist members.
Petals Awards and Recoginition:
- September 2005: Winner of the Australian Business Limited Annual Awards 2005. President's Prize for Best Business.
- July 2005: Finalist in the NSW Telstra Small Business Award for the category, businesses with more than five employees but less than or equal to 20 employees.
- Petals Network has been listed in Australia's main business magazine Business Review Weekly's Top 100 Fastest Growing Australian Businesses in 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2001.
- August 2001: Awarded "Best Supply Chain" award by MIS Magazine for our innovative use of the Internet to ship floral orders around the world.
- October 2000: Petals Network was awarded the Premier's New South Wales Regional Exporter of the Year Award in recognition of outstanding export achievement in regional New South Wales.
- September 2000: the NSW Government invites Petals to be the curtain-raiser for Bill Gates at the 2020 Vision Presentation broadcast live around Australia in recognition of our innovative use of technology.
- August 2000: Petals Network was awarded the coveted GIO National Innovative Service Award for creative use of the Internet.
- November 1996: Petals Network awarded the national Telstra and Australian Government Small Business of the Year